Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Earthly exhaustion and heavenly rewards.

Do you ever just feel exhausted? I'm sure I know the answer to that question. I, almost daily, find myself totally exhausted with life's happenings. You know, "it's always somthing". Sometimes it is happy and exciting events that keep us busy and physically tired and sometimes it's devastating and crushing events that keep us mentally and emotionally exhausted. I know sometimes I ask myself, "What else could go wrong?"... and then, of course something else happeneds. Sometimes I wonder if life would be easier if I was cloned and could be a million places at once. Life is full of ups, downs, and chaos that keeps us running in circles. When bad things begin to happen, it's easy to get in a mode of self pity where you question why this is all happening and when will it ever get better. I am guilty of this. I find hope in God's promises.

Isaiah 40:30-31, Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. The lord will go before them and his joy will be their strength.

Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Life is exhausting and it's easy to get caught up in wordly chaos, but we have to remember the purpose for our journey. Our time on earth is but a blink of an eye compared to the eternity we will enjoy with God. We are running a race, and there will be moments when we get tired, but our eyes should be on the finish line. "And God will open wide the gates of heaven for you to enter into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."- 2 Peter 1:11

God gives us talents or places us in situations, crises, and jobs for a reason. He knows what he is doing and he has a purpose; this can be a frustrating concept. But the important thing is to keep your eyes on him and your faith in him, because he will not let you down.
We can have hope in knowing that there will come a day when we stand before our Lord and are rewarded, and that we may also hear the Lord say, "Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things. I will put you in charge of many things. Enter into the joy of the Lord."(Matthew 25:23)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home