Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Trying to be positive.

Well it's all over! I'm glad that the ads will cease and the constant bickering and divisiveness will hopefully come to an end. I think elections always leave scars. We all have our hopes set on a particular future for America, and some of us are bound to be disappointed. I will admit that I am concerned for the future. I am concerned for the future of my children and grandchildren. Everyone has something personal at stake that makes them choose a particular candidate. I am trying to stay positive and keep hope in this uncertain time. I could go on and on about the negative aspects of the election, the new president elect, and the motives people had for choosing him. That is, however, no longer important. He will become the next president whether I like it or not, and I will respect that.

I can remember seeing the bumper stickers: 1/20/09, Bush's last day- and feeling so very angry that people were so disrespectful toward the leader of our nation. I REFUSE to stoop to that level. I am unhappy with the outcome and certainly have concerns, but I still have respect for the man that will lead us. On a brighter note, I thought McCain spoke very eloquently in his concession speech. Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bss6lTP8BJ8

1 Comments:

Blogger momma said...

Very well said Erin. Paw Paw taught me that I do not have to like the President or agree with him, but that I must respect the President and the office of the Presidency. I will continue to look up and trust God for the future of our country, our children and grandchildren. He is Bigger than Obama! Happy Birthday Travis!! :)

November 5, 2008 at 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home